In 2022, an International Entrance Scholarship will be available at the University of Calgary in Canada:
The University of Calgary’s International Entrance Scholarship is a fully funded undergraduate grant that awards $60k, $15k (renewable yearly), and $10k (non-renewable) to international scholars starting their first year in any undergraduate course throughout the Fall Term.
This University of Calgary’s International Entrance Scholarship is a well-respected award that acknowledges exceptional achievements by foreign students beginning their undergraduate studies.
The University of Calgary serves students a great learning environment that trains them for life success and a study that addresses society’s many pressing issues.
Academic Ranking of World Universities listed higher education institutions in the 151-200 range globally and #6-9 nationwide for 2020. The University of Calgary has ranked eighth in Canada and 188th worldwide by the Center for World University Rankings for 2020-2021. The University of Calgary is divided into five campuses, each with its distinct function, atmosphere, character, and numerous field stations and remarkable amenities.
Information regarding the International Entrance Scholarship at the University of Calgary:
Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Nursing, Faculty of Arts, School of Education, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Social work, Faculty of Kinesiology, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Environmental Design, School of Business, School of Medicine, School of Engineering, and Faculty of Science.
The benefits of the University of Calgary’s International Entrance Scholarship:
The followings are the advantages of receiving an International Entrance Scholarship at the University of Calgary.
- International scholars appearing for the first year with the Fall Term in either undergraduate degree program are eligible for a $60k renewable scholarship, a $15k non-renewable scholarship, and a $10k non-renewable scholarship.
- The scholarship is renewable throughout the second, third, and fourth years of study at the University of Calgary if recipients earn a GPA of 2.6/4 or higher for a minimum of 24.00 units in the previous winter and fall periods.
University of Calgary’s International Entrance Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- English is a required language.
- All countries around the world are eligible.
- Academic Merit: Usually, a student should have a GPA of 3.2/4 or higher.
- Working full-time For the year the honor is given, you must be enrolled in at least nine units in both the Fall and Winter Terms.
- Financial Need is assessed using the details given in the online awards application.
- Other standards include, but are not limited to, and the followings are Field of Stud, Leadership, and Extra-curricular activities.
When and how to apply for such an International Entrance Scholarship at the University of Calgary:
To apply for an International Entrance Scholarship at the University of Calgary, please follow the steps below.
Application procedures should be followed while applying to the University of Calgary for an undergraduate course:
- You are now free to start your application. To get started, create a UCalgary eID.
- To help you through your submission, consult the application guide.
- Send your application and make a $145 application fee charge.
- We’ll tell you where and how to apply any relevant paperwork in your Calgary Student Center, depending on your application. For more material, go to the documents tab.
To apply for the award, follow the instructions outlined below:
- In your myUofC portal, go to Student Center.
- In the Student Center, go over to the “My Financials” tab.
- To register for undergraduate awards, scroll to the bottom of the Awards & Scholarships section and select “Apply for Undergraduate Awards.” Please make sure that pop-ups are turned on. The site will not show if pop-ups are blocked.
- A pop-up screen will appear on your device for any active or closed-down applications. Make a note of when the application is available and when the submission deadline is.
- Please check the University of Calgary’s authorized website for more information, mainly on International Entrance Scholarship.
READ ALSO: What is the purpose of education